•  
Advertise here

My brakes

Hello all i am trying to understand the process of changing the brakes on a kia .. i have an optima and felt that my brakes are not as efficient as they used to be. No doubt theyre working but i hear and feel roughness which is sort of at the back of my mind for quite some time now. Was wondering that i should add knowledge to my car bank in my head so that in case i need to change them i know what kind of knife my car will go under ... can someone guide me through the process and tell me how and when i should know that my car brakes need to be changed.

Well under the process of changing brakes, usually the brake pads, rotors, the caliper, the brake line fall into this category. I wish i had more knowledge to help you out there. If I am not wrong then the brake pads require changing often. They are accessed beneath the car and take very less time to be changed. Have you had your brakes checked out by someone?

Hi aman,

Out of experience I can tell you that this is not a do-it-yourself kinda scenario and if you feel that your brakes need checking you should definitely get them checked at Kia motors because faulty brakes are dangerous in nature especially on the roads of UAE. You would need to have good experience if you want to be checking your brakes yourself since the process of changing brake pads to calipers and cleaning your rotors with a brake cleaner can be a hectic job. Plus you will need assistance in lifting the frame of the car and removing lug nuts and so on underneath.