•  
Advertise here

Garage for Land Rover Defender in Dubai?

Dear all,

I agree, A2B are rip of merchants that can talk a good game. They will keep your car there for days if not weeks, do shit to the car and only care about there stupid race cars... AS when it come race time it Dubai there is no point bringing the car there as all work will stop and this will last for 2-3 weeks.

I had my car there for 1 1/2 years, i know i was silly but i trusted them..

from my judgement this garage and the two owners at the time are using landrover owners and the fact that they are britsh to make us belive that they do quality work. silly us

this is the worst garage in Dubai by far.. i had many friends there at the time and they all feel the same. this is for housewives etc this place that need some emergecy work done on there car.. not for landrover owner that need the knowlege, teh love the care and the customization that is required is some landrover cars

i replaced my old V8 engine with one of tehre workers in teh shop how insured me that there was in good condition. 6000 dhs After that i was told to get my car and get out of there garage and never come back. i was never late for a payment and always tip good and i think i was very patient with them 1.6 years

it the engine blown 2 months after ...GREAT service

i belive they have now moved, to another shop in al qouz and i dont know where exactly. but teh owners are called gary and jason ...

STAY AWAY

i now use Al Behha ( Joseph ) IN sHARJAH, Fantatstic gararge ... just be exact on how you want things done

au the best

tamcameron

• 2 weeks later...

its a shame we have to say it Mahir..BUT we are just responding to our feeling regarding what cost us a lot of money and time. to fix once again. when we put so mush imagination, thought and dare i say it... passion in to our cars to have it distroyed by a garage such as this.

Stay away from this garage ..

other options in this area are Saluki Garage behind spinney ware house time square.. ( i dont use them my self but, you can ask for inpended reviews from the LANDROVER OWNERS CLUB here in Dubai and they can direct youto better garages that dont rip you off take you money and dont do the work ....what a fool i am :-((

au the best

Tam

the new and old garage from what i am here also.. go to expat woman forum and say there a female ( customer ) and recommed there own garage the NEW A2B....dodgey people

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

after dealing with a2b for months, i won't go there again. i hade to get everything they did redone. they burnt the clutches on a brand new aschcroft gearbox because of sheer laziness or incompetence. their electric works are crap. the owner is never there and when he is , he defends the work of his team like his life depended on it.. i think thats the only good thing about that garage; which is that they stick together to cover up all the incompetence. now that i took my car to AAA, they blame any job they can't finish or can't fix on the past a2b job.... what a night mare..... don't go to both... you'll be fleeced.

You can try several options mention here in this thread depending on what level of garage and what level garage decoration you like:

Below list is in priority from most posh to messy looks, but all work great with LR including defender:

1. Al Tayer motors (official LR dealer)
  2. AAA
  3. Gulf Star http://carnity.com/content/business_listing/_/car-services/specialized-service-center/gulf-stars-auto-maintenance-workshop-r406
  4. Al Bea (Sharjah)
  5. Al Nakhala (Sharjah)
  6. Al Rahal (Sharjah) http://carnity.com/content/business_listing/_/car-services/specialized-service-center/al-rahal-auto-maintenance-r159

My advise to deal in such cases that you are stuck is to go with fresh mind to any of the new garage and pretend that you are the new owner of car and don't know what happened in the past. This way garage's can't start the blame game knowing any name specific enemity in bad mouthing their competitor (if that's the case). Deal with the problem, and put the knowledge referred from forums or online world. Garage here is very unexposed to online world and they really get scare when you show off your online knowledge. I did that many times walking down with full print out instruction and pretending "know it all" type of guy from internet knowledge and get the job done with five star service and competence level. If they genuinely get stuck, at least they will consult you in seeking help or advise and you still have a chance to tale educated guess, than relying on some monkey business. These days google is making everyone doctor, lawyers and engineers in minutes so this mechanical know how is not too difficult in reading 5-10 forums and finding the right answer. Wish you good luck and hope you sort out your car soon. Btw which year defender you drive...?

I would always say shop around, there are a few good garages that don't charge much for easy jobs and there are garages that would charge you an arm and a leg for easy jobs, let alone the difficult time consuming jobs. Each in their own right of how much they would like to charge. Some more experienced than others and some jobs more complex than others... Trial and error  and shopping around is key, until you find a reliable workshop that provides a good honest and reliable service. So far I have used a garage in Sharjah, these were for full brake jobs (pads, discs, sensors) and also a little suspension work (Arms, Bushes and Ball joints). The Garage is called John Auto Workshop.

For Mechanics: John Auto Balance Workshop , +971 6 5334356

For Parts: Al Noor Auto Spare Parts , +971 6 539 6706    OR    Gulf Stars Auto Spare Parts , +971 6 533 9600

Good Luck!