Carnity Points System

Sign in to follow this  
natvar

Why is my Discovery overheating.

1998 Discovery is overheating for that I got the thermostat changed ,but also noticed that the heater is not working.

what do i do to fix the overheating thing.

Check the fan clutch and the electric cooling fans. Else check the radiator for any block.

Mechanic have already check the main clutch fan and electric fan first before advising me for the thermostat.

Looks like this weekend i should be getting my radiator flushed and cleaned from inside completely.

Good heads up iRoc, you def Roc. Thanks a lot.

The heater not working could be that the pipes were disconnected by previous owner due to water leakage from the heater matrix up under the dash board or could be as you suspect a blocked cooling system, be very careful not to run the engine too hot as these are alloy heads and you will blow the head gasket quicker than you can blink, the overheating can also be the cause of a blown head gasket, if in any doubt take it to triple A (AAA) no I don’t work for them I just use them for my repair work as they understand land rovers better than anyone else in Dubai.

Hope this helps