•  
Advertise here

CD Player - in dash 6 discs

Hello folks

My in dash 6 CD player has never every really worked properly. The main dealer, Al-Futtaim of course, removed it and I had to drive around without it, with a large hole in my centre console, for about 6 weeks. Then it was re-installed and it worked for about 3 months, and then quit again.

When I try to select a CD to play, I get the message on the screen "Error Code 4".

So, I got some advice from a well connected friend within the Lexus system in Dubai and we went to see a guy in Karama who knows Pioner car audio - Pioneer makes the unit installed in my vehicle. I left the unit with him, drove around for another weeks with a gaping hole in my centre console, and then he re-installed it. This time it worked for 2 weeks and quit again. (It didn't cost as much this time either, admittedly).

What to do? What to do? Not wanting silence in my car commuting to work. Wanting good CD sound.

By the way, all the CDs are "proper" CDs - by this I mean they were purchased at stores like Virgin. They are not home made burned CDs from my iTunes library.

Anybody with any knowing what to do?

• 2 weeks later...

ClearSky

Thanks for your input... read the first paragraph please. Of course I've taken it to the dealer, that's why it says "The main dealer, Al-Futtaim of course"...

In case you'd care to know, they (Al Futtaim Motors, Lexus) don't deal with sound systems. They outsource all work on sound systems, even under warranty, to a local "agent". Frankly, I've been to see that guy as well; he's located in Karama. His turnaround time is slightly faster, as you can pay him directly. The problem is that it's the same low standard - the darn thing just doesn't work properly after he's "worked" on it and relieved you of your money.

He's a challenge to communicate with, frequently appears to not understand until you get your wallet out...

I think perhaps this lexusdxb.com site is not really the correct place, demographically speaking to find the kind of info I'm seeking. I'll try dubaipetrolheads.com

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...