•  
Advertise here

Fuel Filter Change inside the Tank

Dear Lexus Car Enthu's,

I would like to know if anyone has got their IS300 Fuel Filter changed. I have checked through a computer connected to the system and found a fault that the fuel filter is choked and has to be replaced...

My worry is that any garage you ask they look at the underhood but rather its placed within the tank and I am not confortable with a Mechanic who doesnt know where is it...I would like to know a garage who has a computer to find out and has experienced in fitting the fuel filter.

Would be obliged and grateful if someone could guide me on the IS300 2008 model.

Regards

GB

Some more info is needed here mate, like how many km car is driven currently? Were you traveling to oman or Saudi lately?

Fuel filter in your car is for lifetime and never get choked or dirty with UAE spec fuel unless you been to any of above two countries (no offense). Secondly your car fuel filter is located inside the fuel tank but very much accessible from outside. It is mounted on top of fuel tank so remove the back seat and you will able to see it and remove it.

Remove it out and see if mesh attached to it is dirty then its worth changing or if computer check place is fully reliable and take full responsibility of this change. Unless if you have any hesitation while flooring the gas pedal then it could be dirty MAF (Mass Air flow Meter) sensor, located at air filter neck. Just remove that and get it clean with spray and you should be fine.

Thank you Brad for a very good reply and you seem to be extra Knowledgeable. My request to change the same is that early morning when I start the car there is an instance where the engine is almost gasping for Petrol and then comes to normal.

I recently went to a Garage call Kamran in Al Quoz and he plugged in a Computer to check it and it showed an Alert Error - Fuel Filter Primary Circuit. However, the garage person didn't know where it was and hence skeptical to give it to them or do it myself. Then I went to Sharjah and bought the Fuel Filter Assembly Filter Kit for AED 290 which is costing in Al Futtaim for 490 AED.

Kindly advice me a garage incase you have any to help me. You kind assistance and help would be blessed for my gasping breathless lexus.

Thank you once again for your support!

Cheers

GB

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

Got my Fuel Filter changed and the Problem is vanished. As said earlier by Brad it is located under the Back seat and right behind the Driver Seat - Its like a big hole you need to slowly unscrew and whoila its out and replace with new one - got the alerts to 0 - and now a smooth ride.

Thank you all,

GB