•  
Advertise here

GPS Update for IS300

Dear All,

As a fact I know that the GPS which comes in IS300 gets updated either 1 Version or 2 Version's depends on the model

IS300 GPS Details

2006 - 2008 - This one was the first Version - 2D only

2009 - 2013 - This one is the Second Version - 2D & 3D plus.

The new GPS update package from Al Futtaim is 3,000 AED.

Incase if anyone already owns a 2012 IS300 I am ready to pay AED500/- for the update by making a copy out of it for my car. How to remove etc - all details I have - It would take around 1 hour for entire process. No we don't have to open the engine or dashboard - it the GPS Settings - there is a DVD which we just eject and whoila its out! I can get my laptop and make a duplicate of it and that's it. You earn 500 in 1 hour.

Let me know if someone interested to share. This is only for my personal use and not for commercial purpose.

Cheers

GB

Your idea of piracy is very good mate, but i am more then sure that it will not work as those new maps will be encrypted as well and need firmware update as well to run new maps. That's why or rather how Al Futtaim makes 3000 per update, or else dealers can also sell updated DVD for 1000 AED.

However I love to be proven wrong here, if you manage to do this successfully let me know i have something else in mind for my Lexus too ;-) and we can share the cost.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Hero,

Found the software and the way to do it - a copy of the DVD from another car doesn't work because there is an authorization code for it. Found a workaround to make it successfully!!! (from a source)

The Story : I added my Chasis & Engine No in the Lexus GPS Software and then a DVD is written - this is to avoid piracy from other cars & it will only work in your car. The best part is that I have all models with all years available after it. Incase you have any model who are interested then I am game...

Now, incase you need it - shoot me an email on [email protected] with Subject Line GPS Update for Lexus. In the Matter please type your Chasis & Engine number and in 1 day will prepare the DVD for it.

Cheers!

GB

• 4 months later...