•  
Advertise here

Heater probs

rawat

The Lexus heater core is a small radiator-like device which is located under the dash board and particularly mounted at the HVAC housing. This is activated via heater controls and a blower motor which controls the accurate amount of heat. The Lexus heater core should be regularly inspected together with the cooling system. Coolant changes must be done at recommended intervals to prevent failure. Signs that your heater core is starting to fail includes coolant leaking on the interior, an unusual smell whenever the heater is on, and poor heater output. If left unattended, heater core problems tend to get worse.

The servo is an electric motor. There are 2 of these for the heater control. One controls the heater control valve under the hood which allows hot antifreeze to flow through the heater core. The other moves the blend door. The door allows the air to flow through either the heater core, or the a/c evaporator. If its not moving properly, it may be stuck and not allowing the air to flow through the heater core.

Explained!

• 1 month later...

hey people!! thank you all for your time!! let me tell you all that a friend of mine recently told me that his cousin had a lexus the same model as mine and that car actually caught fire because of some electrical issues. scared the hell out of me. any of you guys ever heard of that?