•  
Advertise here

why has the tep. of the engine oil gone up?

doy

• 1 month later...
get the coolant check, the main job of coolant is to cool off the engine and engine oil if the coolant is low it may affect the engine oil temp.

i agree and even if there is some problem with intake or outlet then it can be the reason for the engine oil to heat up

• 2 weeks later...

Something similar had happened in my Mazda 2 the engine oil would be hot more then usual. I had to get the radiator changed as there was leak and in general the temp of the car got high i just waited for 2 days and took this decision. dont wait for long before something major happens

• 5 weeks later...
the engine oil is getting heated up a lot it shouldn't be that hot what i am afraid is that the oil may catch fire. can i please know how to stop the heating of the oil?

one of the function of coolant is to cool down the engine oil running around the cylinders if that is exhausted then the engine oil will get hot and can be very catastrophic.I hope you must have already found a solution.

• 1 month later...

one of the function of coolant is to cool down the engine oil running around the cylinders if that is exhausted then the engine oil will get hot and can be very catastrophic.I hope you must have already found a solution.

heating of engine oil is very normal check the oil only after 3 to 4 hours and if its still hot then its a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...