•  
Advertise here

Radio freaked me out

Hello ppl,

i recently picked up my mazda cx7 from the dealership after some small repairs and noticed when i turned on the radio - it would show me have the name of the radio - FM 1 .8 ch

There was no sound coming out of the speakers either. I turned it off and on again and it worked perfectly fine thereon. The repairs had nothing to do with the radio or the system inside. Trying not to ignore the problem but I can't since I dont want it to happen again. Someone else had this issue?

Hi imran,

If I were you I would not be worried about it. I once got a blank screen on my Nav system and it freaked me out as well. But after that one time it never happened. If the problem persists the only thing you can do it reset the radio ... if the sound is absent then you need professional help.

Peace.

hi guys,

I had this problem too but it occurred more than once with me ... Along with the screen showing weird numbers, the radio lights were flickering as well. I will have to take it to the dealership since I think this has something to do with its connection to the power supply. I could have checked it myself but I am trying to be cautious.

Fellas, this is common in recent cars, screen problems, sat-nav problems, radio problems, bluetooth problems, they more or less come under the same system which is the technology incorporated inside the car... usually this problem fixes itself once battery is disengaged and reconnected after a couple of mints. This sort of resets the power supply to the system which allows it to shut down and restart ... try having that done if no one can figure it out. GL!