•  
Advertise here

car overheating

dolittle

Hi guys, my mazda is overheating .. its never happened before and dont know where to start in order to fix the problem... Havn't been in for service for a while now and think i can manage a couple more weeks only if i know how i can stop my car from overheating ... im basically waiting for a convenient time to take it for checking .. any ideas what can be the problem?

many reasons can cause the overheating problem .. but majority of them are related to the coolant system.

- low coolant level

- leakage in the engine cooling system

- bad thermostat

- Water pump is damaged where the coolant is not circulatd properly

- trapped air in ur cooling system which is rare

- radiator cooling fan has stopped working properly

- Radiator is clogged

- Radiator cap needs replacing

- a blown head gasket, another rare case and quite apparent

Low coolant levels are easily caused in the hot weather... although these days the weather here in the UAE is a lot better. When did u last have the coolant changed? If you cant find the problem why dont you just try changing the coolant as well, i know that has nothing to do with the overheating but thats what i did once. See if your coolant has changed colors and just change it. Usually it goes discolored when changing is required.

Do you hear something squeaking? that means that the water pump is not circulating the coolant properly and your car is overheating. Remember if you hear anything close you should get the water pump checked or else your car will soon strand you at some point in time. Or another problem related to the water pump is that the fluid starts leaking from the weep hole which means that the internal seal has failed.