•  
Advertise here

Gearbox & Accelerator problems - ML500

I have ML500 2002 model, which has just developed 2 problems - Automatic Gearbox, gear does not change gets stuck in low gear with high engine revs . Sometimes if I turn the ignition off and start up again, its OK but other times it does not make a difference.

Acceleration is not smooth, sometimes does not pick up speed - someone suggested that it may be the mass air circulation sensor ?

Any advice on the above would be gratefully received

Anyone recommend a good trustworthy garage, apart from the main dealers, to sort out the above issues ?

Thanks, Abdul Rashid

Hi Abdul, what you are experiencing is the issue with gear box. ML comes with electronic gear oil which has age of 50000 kms. Best to start with gear oil change with original MB oil and gear oil filter too.

See if it helps. Most likely it will and if not then seek a good mechanic to inspect the gear.

No mechanic is trust worthy my friend, better take to professional one he might charge few bucks extra but will get you quality job. In Rashidiya there are two garage for Mercedes. One is Mercedes r us and second is VIP german garage (something like this). Google their number and address.

First deal with gear oil as i suggest, then jump on AFM (Air flow Meter) as its quite expensive, and more than likely i think that hesitation in acceleration is related with gearbox issue.

If not get the computer diagnostic check in same place (150 aed) that will confirm if AFM is bad or not.