•  
Advertise here

Need advice on a US SPEC 2010 E350 89K Mi in Saudi

Hey MB lovers ,

Would really like your sincere advice .Ive been seeing this 2010 E350 US spec , P1 package, car here in Saudi . Its done 89k MILES. Priced 125-135k SAR.

Interior and Extrerior are in immacualte condition. Havent yet got the hood tested or taken it for a spin.So dont know the full condition of the engine. But im planning to get it checked soon.

I would like to know if all goes well and the car is running good whether its a good buy for the next 4-5 years. Im worried about 2 things :

1. The miles on it.Convert that to Km and its almost 150000 km driven . Thats a lot . How many things do I need to change or will have to change. And even if its well maintained ,how much does it differ from an e350 thats driven in 50-60k km range.

2. Its a US spec . How would it differ from the gulf models. Would it be problematic to maintain relative to gcc spec?

3. There is no service History since its brought in from the US to the showroom here. All the manuals are there though.How imp would that be?

The place Im buying from will give warranty for the engine and differential for 4 years. Rest all would be on me.How much do You think it will resale for in 4 years or if I sell after putting 200-250k km on it . In Saudi, S Class rules and an e350 is not that popular , and considering its a US spec ,does it further depcriate the car's value?

Im an e350 fan , and am hunting down w212 within 150k SAR range. And ofcourse in that range I would love to have all the bells and whistles. AMG ,Premium sound system, Assist + etc .Sadly , 2012 is ending and most '10 e350 models do not have warranty. If they do they are rare and in higher price range.E300 is more easier to find here but the power difference is a downer for me.

The reason Im not going for an S class ,though they can be easily looked after by external mechanics here, is because a good S class in that price range is a 06-07 model, making it more than 5 years old .Plus 2014 is supposedly the design change for the S class. The w212 has 5 yrs more of the same shape remaining barring a facelift.

I know its along post and I thank everyone for the time to read it but I would seriously appreciate all good advice of what you think about the car.Would it be worth it and if not , what do you recommend.

BK

First things first.

Get the car VIN no checked if its stolen or salvage car. Run vin vumber on internet on many US website and you will come to know. If its clean then only put ur hand.

Second pointer: Its not age, its mileage that matter so its not very great deal but its a good deal indeed considering so many km still.

Get the full car diagnostic by MB guys and ask them to evaluate this for you, i hope MB dealer in Saudi isnt like Dubai where they dont touch imported cars at all. If they are same then get car fully checked with MB specialized garage and see the reality and then decide.

If i am in your place i wont put hand on MB that is 150K + in less than 3 years, just my gut feeling or may be im weird.

Keep us updated, and good luck.