•  
Advertise here

CLS 55 AMG 2006

Hi, i just bought a 2006 CLS 55 AMG

there was a slight vibration of the engine, but when i checked it @ EMC in Abu Dhabi they told me after conducting several tests that 3 of the pistons are loosing pressure which means the combustion is not complete in the engine compartment!! hence the vibration and also each time i start the car a very thick smoke come out!

the recommendation was to open the Engine and replace all 8 pistons! but is that normal to open an AMG Engine? can you please recommend a professional workshop who deals with AMG cars?

any advise on workshops, estimated cost, risk factor is very much appreciated :)

thank you,

Wadie

How many kms your car has done??? Its not normal to have engine open before 200-300k kms, but in some case it is possible. And yes when 2-3 pistons are behaving like this, its better to completely overhaul the engine as you dont open engine everyday and its better to change all piston and its piston rings too (actually because of which cylinder losses the pressure). There is one quality professional workshop in Rashidiya i take my merc, check with them about estimate and time. Mercedes R us: 04 2852800