•  
Advertise here

Any known issues with 2006 E200 Kompressor

I am planning to buy 2006 model E200 Kompressor for 40000 dhs with 82k kms on the clock, seen the car and test drove it and couldn't find any problems, or dashboard lights. It seems very clean and also have partial service history from Gargash (Mercedes dealer in Dubai). Appreciate to hear any known issues with year model or heads up in checking car with more details. Thanks for replying. Cheers.

Well if car has full or almost full service history then nothing to worry. I am sure Gargash also do the comprehensive check with you can get 100% peace of mind in knowing your future car. If Gargash take long time, then you get comprehensive test at eppco passing center (Tasjeel) for 250 dhs and they check almost everything nicely and inform you also about what might be failing soon in next 6 months - 1 year time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well to be honest, stay away from start up cars means C class in Mercedes and 180 or 200 in C class. So its super startup range of Mercedes added with 8 years of life. Reason for this comment is startup range in every company be it cars, computers, mobiles suffer heavy cost cutting bites and that shows in near future and when you talk 8+ years means it will break a lot due to poor build quality. Hope you understand my point without getting offended. With same price range you can target E class with a 2004-2005 model that will keep you happy in long term.

• 3 months later...