•  
Advertise here

A/T and Battery Light

Hi Guys, pretty new here. Nice to see local Dubai based Mitsubishi forum. Here's my problem.

Two week back battery died completely, so changed to new battery. Before changing i myself check the alternator by jump starting the car and let it run for 30 mins without any battery and jumper cable. I assume alternator was fine and battery was dead.

Bought new battery and drove well for two weeks. Since yesterday i am getting now A/T and Battery icon in dash in red color constantly and not going off.

It started with occasional occurrence for two days and then it used to go off randomly. When these both light appear AC fan reduce speed and all lights get dim, as if alternator is dead.

Checked A/T oil level is fine and oil is in great condition as it has been changed last year only around 10k kms back.

Is there is anything i have done wrong in fitting battery myself or missed out on some earthing or additional wires? I think may be but may be not, if i did something wrong then how come i have driven car for two weeks? Pretty confusing for me to guess, so i need your help guys.

Thanks in advance.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Battery red light means, alternator died. Just to double check start the car and remove battery one cable (any) and see if car stop running or not? If it stops, its sure alternator dead. A/T light is coming due to battery power is not enough to charge A/T electrical oil and thats why A/T light is on. Once you installed new alternator A/T light will also go off. Its definitely co related. Don't sweat.