•  
Advertise here

Rear Bumper fix for Pajero for 150 AED

• 2 months later...

hi twister glad to see that we have a fellow pajero owner actually active and helping us out in this forum.

would you guide me to the garage who could do this bumper job for me ( preferably where you did it so that i dont have to make them understand all this) . also am planning to do the 100k service for my pajero and do you recommend any cheap garage who does that ( dont really wanna go to al habtoor ).

thanks alot

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 4/21/2012 at 12:36 PM, MrTwister said:

The Pajero has got a design problem, the well known sand scoop rear bumper. The open and weak plastic bumper will cach the sand and break.

There is a proper fix for that: connect the rear bumper with aluminum sheet metal to the heat shild plate above the exhaust. Use 1mm thin alu sheet in between the towing ears and cut out the place for exhaust suspension. Use riveting to fix the alu sheet to the removed heat shield and reinstall it. Use riveting and the original bolts to fix the alu sheet to the plastic bumper. For riveting, leave sufficient overlapping material. Make sure that the aluminum sheet goes above and does not touch any metal parts to avoid resonation and annoying noise!

The left corner is protected by an L shaped alu sheet riveted and bolted to the plastic corner piece of the bumper. There is a rivet and a washer to fix the L shape to the wheel arc liner behind the left rear wheel.

I went to a sheet metal workshop to do the bendings, cutting, installation. I supervised their work for 2 hours and the price was 150 AED.

I tested the modified bumper is Sweihan, it works and looks just great.

There is a possible low thek 10 minutes alternative : fix a metal pipe inside the plastic bumper with plastic binders led trough some drilled holes in the bumper.

post-554-14042147822_thumb.jpg

post-554-140421478224_thumb.jpg

post-554-140421478227_thumb.jpg

Superb solution

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mels Wolf said:

I’ve had something similar fabricated at Radical Rhas al Khor for the rear bumper, it’s fully bent into the chassis and bolted on with 4 bolts...

DBCB4596-DAA5-4870-A233-C3A1FCACEA63.jpeg

5256D5FE-53A3-40B0-9F70-C01857615723.jpeg

That looks great. Thanks for sharing. As i am currently driving my wife's car (same as yours) i'll probably need to get the same done. Although i have a tow hitch underneath that cover so i think this one is giving some protection too.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."