•  
Advertise here

Pajero 2006 Center Diff yellow light on after driving 20 kms

Hi All,

I have a 2006 Pajero 3.8 Litre.

After driving around 20 kms, the yellow light in the middle of the 4WD starts flashing and all other green lights gets off. This happens when i continously drive on a long way .When i switch off and switch on the engine, it comes back to normal.

I normally drive in 2WD mode.

The second issue is, when i change to 4WD mode, the upper green lights keep on blinking. I just had my 80,000 service done at Al-Habtoor, and as informed by one of the service guy, that's normal in pajero.

Do any of you have got the same problem??

How wasit fixed??

Also needs advice on, after how many Kms i have to change the timing belt

Please advice any good workshop for Pajero repairs in Abudhabi, as Al Habtoor is charging a lot for small things.

Thanks in Advance..

For light blinking and flashing i think its a known issue and cost a leg and arm to fix it, thats why mItsubishi guys says it ok. damn japanese. lolol.

Secondly i cant refer any garage in adbu dhabi as im from dubai, but im sure if you got to mussafah industrial area once and look around, you might find some good mitsubishi garage there.

Do you have dynatrade in abu dhabi, thats my next best favorite place since i ditched habtoor....!

Hi,

Diff light problem is fixed. I went to Al-habtoor and the've charged me 800 Dhs.

This was a problem with an electronic swith which is located on front right-hand side inside the bonnet. As per them, this may have caused as the 4WD was not used regularly.

There is Dynatrade in Abudhabi as well. Is that a good place where i can change the timing belt of pajero.

In Al-habtoor, timing belt change costs around 8000 AED. :oops:

Thanks..

• 4 years later...

HI, I am suffering with the same problem about middle diff light, starts blinking after 30 kms  and goes off when I switch the jeep off and re-start.

As advised by mechanics, the transfer case oil has been replaced but no change. They are saying to change the Transfer case......OMG, how lethal are they.....

But some say, its just an electrical fault. I don't want to spend even 800 on it that you spent.

Please guide.

Regards,

Razi

• Like (+1) 1