•  
Advertise here

Chip tuning for Pajero

On 8/3/2012 at 1:48 AM, nomanr said:

Have you tried seeing an option of buying UNICHIP from tazweed in shj, atleast they are plug and play kind of stuff and cost a dime extra than what you paid. And plus unichip gains are far better than 10% what you got.

I think its 2200 aed for 1 chip, and you can always get it out when you need stock car back. My two cents.

Does this unichip for all model of pajero?

• Like (+1) 1

The problem with these plug and play devices is they don't do a proper job. They trick the ECU by sending false signals to it to up the fueling. With these you are running a risk of bore wash amongst other problems. It's better just to get the job done properly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

• 1 month later...

Chipcentric in Al Quoz are the ones to go to. Speak to Murat. He's a pro and he knows what he is doing and can advise what will work for your car. He's a real car guy too, has a Delta Integrale. I have been to their garage a few times and it is well set up. They are one of the few that have a dyno so they can actually set your car up properly rather than just guessing parameters and hoping for the best. 

When it comes to something like this, quality is more important than cost. It's better to pay for a proper job than to end up with smooth engine bores and a sump full of petrol which will eventually necessitate a full rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 2 years later...

Guys.. pls advice on the chip tuning on 2015 pajero 3.5L. Chipcentric in Al Quoz offer the price 1700 Dhs ( 3 hours job). 

Does this chip tuning give more power to the car in the desert? How about the fuel consumption difference after chip tuning ??   many times when i give gas the car not responding as expected in the desert. Pls advice. 

Edited by Shiju Manuel
  • Like (+1) 1

With regards to power increase and fuel consumption, the only person who can give you an accurate answer is the tuner but as a general rule of thumb, more power is more power. If you are currently having problems with throttle response this is something that should addressed first before you even think about tuning. 1700 is a good price if includes a custom tune on a rolling road. There are people who will load a generic map onto your car for 500 or less but it will never perform as well as a map tailored to your individual car. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2