•  
Advertise here

Shivering of car while breaking my pajero 3 litre 2008

Hi friends'

My pajero (2008 /140 k in odo) have recently started a problem. While braking , the vehicle start shivering and when I checked with workshop , they checked the brake pads and all and told me its because of dirt or sand in the disc and they did some skimming. After that it become fine for few days and problem recurs soon and it is happening for that 20 k odd km and 4 service intervals.

Does any one have an idea why this is happening. Brake pad is not old only 25 k done and good in shape as per mechanics and tyre again only done 30 k km

Appreciate your advices and knowledge

Regards

M

Adv

Brake disc skimming is required every alternate brake pad change and other alternate you need to change the brake disc itself.

Life of brake pad and disc depends on braking and driving habits. Some finish brake pad in 10k km and others run for 40k. Longer you use brake pads it becomes old and start spoiling the brake disc as well.

I think in your case best is, get the disc thickness check that it should be more than 6mm at least if not its time to change the brake disc. If disc are fine then get the brake pad changed as older brake pad become hard and brittle making this issue / noise and plus compromising on 100% braking performance.