•  
Advertise here

BMW 530i - American Specifications in the GCC

Hello,

I've been hearing about problems with american spec Bimmers in the GCC but haven't clearly understood what the problems are. I own a BMW 530i which is American spec and would like to know what are the possible problems associated with it if anybody has had any such experiences.

Regards

First and foremost is the heating issue, if your car is recent import then remove the thermostat and change to GCC spec BMW. If you bought it from someone, i am sure he must have already done this in the past.

Secondly US specs cars dealers wont touch, as its slightly different from GCC specs and they dont have full service manuals for US cars, so you are of your own there.

Engine cooling thermostat (not AC) placed between radiator and engine in one of hose to open or close the circulation as and when needed. The job of this thermostat is to keep radiator water separate from engine water. To continue cooling radiator water until the engine water gets hot. Once engine water reaches 76 degree, thermostat open and send cold water to engine, which has been cooled by radiator and receives engine hot water for further cooling and keeping it ready for next cycle.

In US specs cars, they use thermostat that open and close at 82 or 86 degree which is bit too much for GCC hotter climate.

post-425-140416768804_thumb.jpg