•  
Advertise here

7 series mechanical options

MJG

Dear fellow members,

I would appreciate advice from anyone on recommended independent mechanics that I could go to in Dubai that have provided a good and Fair priced repair/service please? I have a 2007 750 LI that I jst spent 8,000 on getting a new a/c compressor and now I have electric cooling fan that is constantly running at top rpm, worried it will fail soon! Car has just 60,000 km... very disappointed and appreciate any recommendations asap.

Thanks members

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate, I am afraid I have George looking at my fan and other service things and he seems to be very fair and reasonable. full service, machine the discs and new pads, fix the fan for around 5,000. he tried to find a good second hand fan but they were not up to standard. he bought the complete new assembly for around 2500. I am away on leave returning on the 1st, I would be happy to talk with you and share information. 050 1215229.

Cheers,

MJG wrote:

> Hi Mate, I am afraid I have George looking at my fan and other service

> things and he seems to be very fair and reasonable. full service, machine

> the discs and new pads, fix the fan for around 5,000. he tried to find a

> good second hand fan but they were not up to standard. he bought the

> complete new assembly for around 2500. I am away on leave returning on the

> 1st, I would be happy to talk with you and share information. 050 1215229.

>

> Cheers,

Sure call me anytime. I could get all that sorted for half the price perhaps...not messin about with anyone else's business but I am under the impression that we 7 series owners get nicked a lot by people who think that we know jack and are minted with money... 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MJG

Theres one popular workshop in Sharjah its

John Auto Spare Parts and Workshop

Off# 065322250 look for Ben

Most of German made cars like bmw n benz are invited for fixing

I dont see japan car at all.

Just try to call them first -nothing to loose anyway

Regards to all

Thanks mate. It seems I have once more been taken for a ride.... I used a mechanic recommended on this site "George" and it appears he just sub-contracts the work out. went in for a thermal fan replacement 5,400aed and 4 weeks later I have a scratched car with a bad vibration and no working park brake! OMG, where have the honest decent mechanics gone? Cant even get this chap to answer the phone to get these issues sorted so went to the shop he said was his and go figure, not his! and a big sty.... no wonder I have scratched and small dents everywhere....I am very dis-encouraged and am seriously contemplating selling and buy new....but not BMW! cheers very stressed BMW owner.

MJG... I have got a diagnostic kit i will get the park brake working again. QUESTION: is the bad vibration on idle run or is it a constant? if its constant then he has got you a reengineered AUX fan and has just overpriced you 4,850 AED.

Things i have picked up over the years owning this car is the experience of never dealing with these people...

PS: Not charging penny, just a fellow bmw owner. where are the honest mechanics? i thought they disappeared with the dinosaurs

text me ur number at o566o45776 and il call you after this stupid meeting ;)