•  
Advertise here

2010 Audi Q7 Review

AudiDxb

Audi’s first ever SUV, the Q7 is a seven-passenger luxury crossover with generous proportions.

It shares its underpinnings with the Volkswagen Touareg and the Porsche Cayenne but is longer than both and offers three row seating. In terms of size and application the Q7 competes with the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class and the Cadillac Escalade.

Designed to be essentially a road runner the Q7 has the ability to cocoon occupants like a luxury sedan while being able to tackle road aberrations with aplomb. Its range of powerful engines, quattro all-wheel drive and air suspension give it some limited off-road ability as well.

The Q7 has a well laid out interior furnished with premium materials and high-tech gadgetry to keep occupants comfortable and entertained. The third row however is a tad cramped and suited to accommodate only children or small adults.

For the 2010 model year the Q7 has been mildly refreshed and now features a revised front and rear with new LED head light and tail lights and new wheel designs. On the inside an updated MMI entertainment system and improved LED lighting cheer things up.

The engine range is a choice between the 280bhp 3.6-litre engine and the 350bhp 4.2- litre unit. Considering the Q7’s mass the larger engine variant, priced at 260,000AED, is the one to opt for. For early adopters, Audi will also sell its crazy diesel-powered V12 TDI here in very small numbers, as well as the smaller 4.2-litre TDI version.

SOURCE: http://automiddleeast.com/2010-audi-q7-2/

• 1 year later...

One of the nicest SUV models I have seen in a long time. The LED lights bring the car back to modern times and I definitely agree that this car has the luxury to compete with the Cadillac Escalade. I hear it gets great gas mileage as well which is always very important for SUVs! Thank you for the review.