•  
Advertise here

How to not to get head sauna in Z3

Hi folks,

Good day, I recently switched to sporty Z3 few months back, now getting my head sauna and barbeque on every afternoon i drive back from work. While picking car in afternoon in Dubai heat, its terribly closer to 45-50 every day and my Z3 roof iron rods and all other metal is badly insulated. Keeping my head toast until i reach home in 15 minutes drive back.

Its a lovely car, but other than this few month heat issue i am scared to not get some head problem due to excessive heat. May be some of you who have been using similar car for long time in Dubai heat can advise on how to deal with this.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping. Have a lovely weekend.

Evaa

Dear Evaa, you can look into getting some insulated headliner to reduce the heat from overhead metal rod. Guys who dsign rollcage for offroad cars, can help making nicely insulated padding on those bars.

Alternatively, you can install remote starter for 300-500 dhs and start the car and car ac 15 mins you leave from your office.

I am not trying to offend you, but my wife also has same issue and tried few stunts and in end we upgraded to Z4, So please consider that as an option if you can afford that, in long run its wiser and plus Z3 vs Z4 they are two completely different cars in terms of looks, shape, handling and interiors wise. I am sure you will like it. Good luck.