•  
Advertise here

Lift Kit

• 7 months later...

Hello MaherBHM,

Did you end up lifting your car? Please give me details about performance on and off-road after.

I have the 2010 Offroad Xterra and looking for the best lift. The stock tires on mine are BFGs 265/75/16 and would like to buy the 285/75/16 T/A KO tires or same as yours.

Did the lift kit and new tires effect the on-road performance, any noises, bumpy ride etc..., did you have to modify anything else to fit the tires? (Melt Mod, cutting, scraping, welding etc...)

Options for lift kits I found in the UAE are ProComp, Daystar, PRG ... any recommendations since I can't find Revtek ones?

Would the lift in the link below work for me?

http://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/classif...rg-lift-kit-3/

I go dune bashing almost every weekend and my X performs pretty well, but the only issue is that my bumper and mud flaps keep hitting the sand and end up scratched, I actually lost all mud flaps in one trip to the desert so I think a minor lift with bigger tires should do the trick? Any recommendations/advice you guys can give would be highly appreciated.

My friend added Daystar 2" lift and same tires to his FJ Cruiser and he is pretty happy with it, I was wondering if the same thing works for the X without effecting the on-road performance and would I need to modify anything else to fir those tires? (melt mod and other mods)

• 1 month later...

Maher looks busy.....!

Well 265 - 285 isnt big of deal and i dont think you need to cut, weld or mold anything.

Daystar is good and also King coil and springs lift kit is also good (but slightly expensive). Im sure after 2 inch lift you will have better stance for offroad and stop loosing mudflap, still get the rubber flexible mudflap like Land Rover defender has they are much better for offroad, as in many dunes when you reverse on dune then mudflap really gets squished, so flexible rubber ones are better hanging dangling like curtain all the times.

Thanks fr the response Abid! I ordered from PRG an AAL for the back and Bilstein shocks for the front. Once I receive then I'm thinking of BFGs 285/75/16 AT KO, but need to change my ires ASAP, do you think I can install the tires now and wait for the lift kit?