•  
Advertise here

launch control?

Hi bmw enthusiasts i have recently developed an interest in this car and plan to upgrade to it soon ... read some features and what the car promises to its customers ... one thing i don't have much knowledge about is the launch control feature ... can someone shed light on what this feature is and which models posses this feature?

thanks

From what I know of this is a software incorporated in specific cars for acceleration. With this feature a person is able to accelerate quickly and smoothly without causing problems to the engine, wheels, etc With cars like bmw .. accelerating is not a problem at all ... but i think this is just for people who have a racing sense for their cars ... this feature is common in racing cars.

The BMW M series launch control feature is one of the best feature about this car. It allows you to achieve full acceleration from a standing still position without causing damage to the engine or the gearbox or cause spinning of the drive wheels. The concept of the launch control feature was first introduced for racers who had to hit maximum speed from their starting lines and this was not possible without this feature. It works with the help of an electronic accelerator and a computer generated program.

Good luck on your new car but just don't speed too much because they got those speeding cameras everywhere on sheikh zayed rd now! :)

Okay thanks guys ... that easy to understand. Two more dumb questions

1. Is this feature found only in the M series of BMW or can be found in other series as well?

2. Obviously BMW wouldn't add anything to the car which would affect the car or it's engine but what are the reviews of this feature.

The cars with this feature VS the cars without this feature ... anything negative out of it?

Okay thanks guys ... that easy to understand. Two more dumb questions

1. Is this feature found only in the M series of BMW or can be found in other series as well?

2. Obviously BMW wouldn't add anything to the car which would affect the car or it's engine but what are the reviews of this

feature.

The cars with this feature VS the cars without this feature ... anything noticeable?