•  
Advertise here

Built-in navigation system

alika

Hello friends,

I am planning to buy a new maxima - I wanted to know if it is necessary to buy the in-built navigation system? Does it cost separately for buyers or is it included in the cost of the car overall? I don't know this because this will be my first luxury sedan and I read online that buyers in the international market have to buy it separately.

thank you

Hi there,

You probably would have to call the guys at the showroom to find ... you can probably get this information over the phone so shouldn't be any hassle. As far as I believe the built-in navigation system is not bought separately. It is included in the cost of the car. Lets double check just to be sure!

My built-in Nav was included in the cost of the car .. i think its standard procedure. Don't fret about it since it will prove to be advantageous. Cars that come with policies to pay up for nav systems separately just prove to be more expensive. You think you are saving money but end up spending more.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the built-in navigation system here in Dubai. The roads change frequently, newer roads with Salik are introduced every now and then and your built-in navigation system can easily become outdated. Then the question arises about updating the navigation system. Since, its from factory, the only people who will be able to update the maps will be the dealer, and it will end up with either one of the below:

1) They won't be able to update it citing that they don't have latest maps for UAE/Dubai.

2) They might have it, but charge you an exhorbitantly high amount to get it done.

What I would do, if I were in your place is buy a nice Apple or Android phone and get yourself a decent GPS software on it. The Navigon s/w I have on my iPhone cost me like $99 with free map updates. Get an suction type phone holder and you are good to go. Save that money for something useful.