•  
Advertise here

Worn out terminals

harrys

i thought so and yes they do look pretty well worn and a little loose. So far I have had no problems with my car starting or stopping. Does this mean i might start having some soon? Should i look into it or ask a mechanic? i wana be among the lucky ones who fix a problem before they happen!!

Hi Harry, with little overtime this problem happen and only solution is to open the terminal again and clean it properly with sand paper and bolt them again tightly. Due to acidic discharge overtime these metal terminal loose there metallic properties and get expanded with time. While re fixing if bolt is fully tight and still terminal is loose (quite possible) then you need new terminal itself. You can go to any battery shops in Deira or Satwa area in Dubai or Industrial area in Sharjah and get those terminal changed. It might cost 10-20 dhs for each terminal, but it will save lot of hassle if it get loosen up and stop charging your car battery. I changed mine six months back from Satwa -City Knight shop near Morjana plaza (04 3447470). Hope it helps. Good luck.