•  
Advertise here

Giving it up for good

charl

I am moving out of the bmw ownership grid. I can't it anymore with the parts and the excessive oil i feed to my car all the time. I have spent so much money on parts that it makes me cry ... I could have easily leased another car which not only drove me around but if it was to die .. i wudnt be sorry about it so much. I am on to saving money and nothing else. Hate to say it but the shinier the car is the emptier your pockets are going to be.

I might cause a stirr around here among BM fans - sorry guys

Well to be honest its quite true as in luxury brands maintenance and overhead cost are usually high but BMW has significantly higher than other luxury brands. I have kept Mercedes, Porsche, Land Rover and now BMW. I can say that BMW is more than other three.

I love to hear from others on their point of view as well of owning the BMW vs other good brands.

Hi brothers

would you believe me if i told you that I moved to a ford explorer after i got tired with bmw ... and I am a happy owner for five years now. I bought a bmw when they were the best cars in the market in the early twenties and was a lucky owner for the first two years. My luck went down so fast and so bad that money just kept pouring out for the car in one way or the other. Even today when i see happy bmw owners I tell them there will come a point in their lives when they will despise the car like i do now. The people at BM really need to take it up a notch with their cars or they should just stop claiming themselves as the best.

Being a woman with kids I am always on the road and cannot take the risk of driving a car with engine problems and power loss. I had one big issue with my bmw once and after that I got really scared of driving around and keeping up with my routine. I still own the same car but am very skeptical. Fingers crossed!

Oh my gosh ... I was thinking about giving up my bmw a few days ago just because of the cost it takes up ... not to mention the insurance payments and all the maintenance because love it or not but car fanatics buy bmws and we like to reallly really maintain our cars !! I am sick of the O2 sensors replacement and technical stuff that I don't even understand of. I mean seriously? How can you expect something like that from a BMW?! that too only five years old!

I would love to buy a cadillac CTS now ... although its going to be a hard call on leaving my baby bmw. I have had it for almost four years now and it hasn't given me any big problems. its just that I get a rental from my work every other month and driving other luxury cars really tell you what you are missing out on while being stuck to BMW due to its name and the hype and not to forget the expenses involved to keep the car up to par. Its the Cadillac CTS or a Range rover for me :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had my BMW for 4 years now (bought it pre-owned) and thank God, besides a problem with the Turbo (that warranty covered) I haven't had any other major or minor issues...mechanical failures are bound to happen with any car that is a few years old, the price to fix comes into play and I find that BMW is almost at par with other luxury brands