•  
Advertise here

Service Engine Soon-Light

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the 2 years delay in response, however this is intended to help those who will need this guide as a future help.

Since this is a bit complicated I am posting it step by step.

1.)turn the key to the on position (do not crank over the motor....dont start the engine)

2.) wait 3 seconds.... and then fully step on the gas and let go fully 5 times with in 5 seconds.... (ex. wait...3....stomp.stomp.stomp.stomp.stomp

3.)wait 6 seconds....(not stepping on gas pedal)

4. FULLY PRESS down on gas pedal and hold for about 10 seconds.

5.) the check engine light should be flashing.10 times and stop a few seconds and then 10 and stop.....etc.

6. hold down pedal again 10 secs.

7. release pedal.....turn key off.....

8...wait a few seconds and turn the motor on.....check engine light should be gone.

I think it is perhaps more important to find out why the CEL light came on in the first place?

There are hundreds of reasons why it could have come on, and while some could be minor, for all you know you might have a serious problem. Just turning off the light does not fix the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Trek, yes it is very important if the Check Engine Light comes on to get the error checked and access whether action needs to be taken to rectify the problem. However my response was based on the Service Light coming on during service intervals and if you get it serviced outside the Nissan dealer the outside garages are unable to reset the Service Engine light.

18 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Thanks Trek, yes it is very important if the Check Engine Light comes on to get the error checked and access whether action needs to be taken to rectify the problem. However my response was based on the Service Light coming on during service intervals and if you get it serviced outside the Nissan dealer the outside garages are unable to reset the Service Engine light.

You're using the wrong garages then. I can reset it in 2 minutes.