•  
Advertise here

2010 Peugeot 206 review

It might have been replaced in most of the world by the 207, but the 206 remains the best-selling car has ever produced.

So it’s not such a surprise to see the little hatchback and sedan on sale and selling in the Middle East, as it represents cheap and cheerful motoring for those on a budget.

With a starting price of just 44,000AED, it’s no surprise to find that there’s little cutting edge about the 206, although its design has aged well. First introduced in 1998, little has changed since.

The entry-level hatchback is the 206 One Line, which comes with a 1.4-litre engine that develops 75bhp and is attached to a four-speed automatic gearbox. Specification is pretty reasonable for the price, as the One Line comes with 14-inch steel wheels, CD player, ABS and driver airbag, as well as keyless entry.

The slightly upgraded One Line Pack version comes with electric windows and front fog lights, as well as a height adjustable drivers seat.

The sedan is identical to the hatchback from the rear doors forward, making the 384-litre boot the only difference between the two. It comes only in XR trim, which includes a more powerful 1.6-litre engine with 110bhp again linked to a four-speed automatic gearbox. Features include 14-inch steel wheels, electric front windows and driver and passenger front airbags, as well as central locking and front fog lights.

The 206 represents no frills motoring – it might lack in luxury, but can six million buyers around the world really all be wrong?

SOURCE: http://automiddleeast.com/2010-peugeot-206/

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I plan to upgrade my 206 RC and use the fact Peugeot Sport will be involved in the Pikes Peak race with the 208 T16.

I love the succes of Peugeot sport back in the 1985's with the 205 T16.

I just need to find a place in UAE where I can get proper stickers printed... Anyone has an idea?

post-668-140421926728_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...