•  
Advertise here

Resetting oil change light

akram

Hello, a few weeks ago I bought the 328i 07 and have now started to get used to this car. I am not sure about a couple of options and how to reset a couple of things. Few things that have really impressed me is the way the car determines when it requires servicing. Anyhow I am aware of how to change the oil in the car but don't know how to reset the oil change light. i am assuming it shouldn't be a difficult process. Can someone guide me?

Thanks

I don't exactly know about the process but know that if you might end up resetting everything inadvertently which is not suggestive. Make sure you follow the exact process of resetting the Oil change light or have someone do it for you ... instead of resetting everything.

Don't freak out, just follow these steps to reset :)

- insert key

- Press and keep holding the start/stop, do not do anything else just wait for the oil change light to go off

- Release the start/stop button.

- As SOON as the oil change light goes out, press and hold the odometer reset button.

- Wait for a warning triangle to show up on the gauge cluster

- If these steps are followed accurately, the oil can signal appears on the gauge cluster

- You need to twist the turn-signal stalk in order to reach the oil life menu on the gauge cluster

- Once you are on Oil Life then you should press the BC button and hold till the Reset signal appears on the display of the gauge.

- Keep pressing till the clock icon appears. This shows that the system has been reset.

- Take out the key.

Take care