•  
Advertise here

Common 207 GTi (RC), GT problems

HI! I'm from Slowenia, and here trust me the mechanic at peugeot dealer are jung and unexperienced or old and very stupid :/ And also in the whole state we have only 10 207 rc and gti :) and I'm one of them. I have problems with my RC and mechanics doesn't know any idea what is wrong with car.

I have 69k km on my odo.

I got the faumous depullution faulty system on my display and I went to the peugeot dealer just to erase the fault. But next day is the same story depullution faulty system is shown again. The faults are wrong pressure of turbo and wrong pressure of fuel pump.

what could be wrong here. The turbocharger has only 20k km. I think that is that blow off switch. From which vw model exatly are these blow offs who have the same components?

what could be wrong with the fuel pump?

Thanks

I got your email; but not sure if you received my reply.

Umm, I will need to know what the exact fault code is in order to help you better. Fueling and turbo pressure issues can often be related to the timing of the engine. Usually a good indicator that the timing has slipped is by looking at the Long Term Fuel Trims. In order to check this out, you will need an ELM 327 OBD-II cable and EasyOBD software (the software is free). But let me know what the exact fault codes are and I'll see if I can further help you

ADAPT Performance - Power Unleashed

SOFTWARE TUNING & PERFORMANCE PARTS

www.adaptperformance.com

the newer models of the car have started having issues faster. i dont understand why?

They did an update on the timing issue, but it seems that the newer cars are still suffering from it. Engines produced in 2010, and also the Le Mans edition produced in 2009 also recieved the "colourless" valve spring update, in which stiffer valve springs were installed to eliminate valve float at the higher rev-range. Oddly enough, cars which have been modified seem to have far less problems than those which are kept standard. My car is sitting on 228hp at the moment (250hp previously), and I havent had a single timing, turbo, or boost control valve problem for the last 80,000 kms.

It's very strange, it seems that when the components have to "work a little harder", they seem to last a lot longer

www.adaptperformance.com

Hi! I'm sorry that my reply is so late, I work 2 jobs, so I don't have so much time to hanging around. I bought an diagnostic tester ( diagun launch X-431). And I was reading the codes in my Peugeot, suprisely the number of diagnostic code wasn't shown it was only shown 2 faults, I didn't even read it but just erased it. I'm almoust shure that this 2 faults was the same like before. Then I went to the test drive on the highway. Suprisely the car was running without any warning, until 160 km/h. Then again depullution faulty. I check with the tester the fault and it was just 1 fault and again no fault code only the desripton (Turbo charging pressure regulation Turbo charging pressure too low). And important thing (i think) before all this faults shown, i heard the specific voice from turbo I think the blow off vent was making that noise, now this voice is gone. With this tester I can do more tests when I'm driving the car. I can watch some sensors, torque, rpm, pressure of oil, fuel etc. This should helps, maybe, to find the problem. Just tell me what to check.

I'm also thinking that timing chain could be that part which make te basic problem. If it is need to be replaced, should be replaced some other things that are connected to the timinig chain?

My father have a body shop, and one of my job is work there, so I know the things about cars, but we don't do the mechanic job. Maybe I could try to fix this car by myself.

While getting timing chain, most imp thing that you should be checking/changing is timing belt pulley. It has similar age as timing belt and while at it, better to chain than opening again so many things.

Rest i will leave for 207_gti, he sound more experience in engine and turbo troubleshooting.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

LukL wrote:

> Hi! I'm sorry that my reply is so late, I work 2 jobs, so I don't have so

> much time to hanging around. I bought an diagnostic tester ( diagun launch

> X-431). And I was reading the codes in my Peugeot, suprisely the number of

> diagnostic code wasn't shown it was only shown 2 faults, I didn't even read

> it but just erased it. I'm almoust shure that this 2 faults was the same

> like before. Then I went to the test drive on the highway. Suprisely the

> car was running without any warning, until 160 km/h. Then again depullution

> faulty. I check with the tester the fault and it was just 1 fault and again

> no fault code only the desripton (Turbo charging pressure regulation Turbo

> charging pressure too low). And important thing (i think) before all this

> faults shown, i heard the specific voice from turbo I think the blow off

> vent was making that noise, now this voice is gone. With this tester I can

> do more tests when I'm driving the car. I can watch some sensors, torque,

> rpm, pressure of oil, fuel etc. This should helps, maybe, to find the

> problem. Just tell me what to check.

> I'm also thinking that timing chain could be that part which make te basic

> problem. If it is need to be replaced, should be replaced some other things

> that are connected to the timinig chain?

>

>

> My father have a body shop, and one of my job is work there, so I know the

> things about cars, but we don't do the mechanic job. Maybe I could try to

> fix this car by myself.

From what you described, this sounds like a boost leak. First thing to check would be the diverter valve. that is the black thing on the turbo. remove it, and check inside. You will see a yellow rubber membrane; check to see if it has some small holes.

www.adaptperformance.com

• 2 years later...

Hi all!
I know that problem of EP6 with crankcase ventilation. 

Repair kit valve cover for Peugeot 308, 3008, 207 (A7) engine EP6 
Membrane valve cover for Peugeot 308, 207 (A7) engine EP6 
OEM 0248.Q5 
new diaphragm valve for crankcase ventilation. 
producer sells only cover entirely. 
they produce membrane separately! 

replacement is very easy, you need to remove the valve cover by prying it with a screwdriver. 
remove the old and install the new membrane. 
close the cover. 

• Like (+1) 2