•  
Advertise here

BMWs maintenance

My BM hardly brought up problems for me. Never have I been ever disappointed with my car and the reason are scheduled maintenance. Rule#1 Always take your car to the dealership when it should go to the dealership. No slacking. This is why cars tend to be exposed to different problems if they are not regularly maintained. And with a car like BMW, i dont think people skip maintenance appts. neither should you.

Its a good idea keeping an eye on the hoses and the belts. In my opinion a lot of problems are caused by leaks and worn out

belts. I also look at it as a safety concern because if these things are ignored than they usually leave you on the roadside with a

dead car ... although bmws are hardly known for that. A thorough inspection every 50,000km on newer vehicles and 25,000 km

on older ones is ideal for such belts and hoses.

Many females are considered laid back about their cars. I am not. I get my car cleaned inside out every weekend. That is apart from the servicing trips. Its not like i make any mess but its just that the climate/dust here requires you to do that kind of cleaning for your car.

Let me share a little experience i had with my first brand new bmw. this was almost five years ago. I didnt pay much attention to the windshield wipers. my thinking was that if they are working they dont need attention. then i started to notice freaking scratches on the front! guides tell you to replace them every six months which i think is an exaggeration but nevertheless, i never ignore them and do replace them as soon as they seem cracked or worn out.