•  
Advertise here

how do i replace the break shoe of my 2008 peugeot

HOW DOSE THE BREAK SHOE WORK:-

The rear brake shoe is pressured by wheel cylinders that force the brake shoe against the brake drum with A hydraulic pressure from the master cylinder.

for release Rear Brake Spring the brake spring tool is used. it will remove the return spring to each of the brake shoes

first you should hold the rear of the retainer pin to Insert brake shoe removal tool over retainer clip

( i really hope that you are aware of the break parts as it is not an impossible job to do but you should know your basics)

Press down and twist it counter clockwise and remove spring with the retainer.

make sure to Inspect and replace as needed then remove the rear brake shoes with the remaining hardware

It is very important to match the old brake shoes to the new brake shoes. transfer hardware to new brake shoes.

after removing the break shoe and the remaining hardware you will install line wrench onto brake line which is at the wheel cylinder and loosen the mounting fitting and then remove it.keep in mind that the brake fluid will leak from line when loosened and will need to top up.

remove the wheel cylinder mounting bolts and replace wheel cylinder with new unit and re-attach and tighten brake lines and r etighten wheel cylinder mounting bolts.

you will then clean and lubricate the brake shoe backing plate.

install the new brake parts and make sure all the brake hardware is mounted correctly. it is a good idea when changing rear brake shoes you should only disassemble one side at a time as you will always have a reference copy on the side that is still together.

Test brake system before driving.