•  
Advertise here

VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL OWNERS!!

207_gti

A turbo is a great way of getting more power from a car. But, a turbo is still a mechanical part, and as such can fail at any time.

There are a number of reasons as to why a turbo can fail.

In the case of Peugeot's 1.6 turbo (THP) engines; the absolute #1 reason for the turbo failing is that the oil feed for the turbo is rather small and lacks a teflon coating on the inside.

The problem: When hot oil cools down it leaves a residue. what this means for a turbo is that over time that residue builds up until it completely blocks the inside of the turbo oil pipe. When this happens, the turbo cannot receive lubrication or oil cooling, and so will cease up.

The solution: To replace the standard pipe with a braided stainless steel PTFE (teflon) coated hose. The hose has a slightly larger inside diameter than the standard pipe, and has the teflon inside which will prevent oil buildup.

Cost is AED160 which you can send to me via Western Union, and I can send you the new hose via Aramex (cash on delivery) or at a meetup.

I HIGHLY recommend these hoses, as a mere 160 Dirhams is much cheaper than the 10K+ it would cost to replace the turbo.

2qimsyd.jpg

ADAPT Performance - Power Unleashed

SOFTWARE TUNING & PERFORMANCE PARTS

www.adaptperformance.com

• 6 months later...

Yup, I'm just an owner. I've had my fair share of trouble with the car, and only from that trouble could I gain experience. With that experience I was able to find out by experimenting and talking to some very knowledgeable people about how to fix issues, and what can be done to prevent those issues form happening again. So far, my car is producing 40% more power than standard; i'm still using the standard turbo and engine, and yet it has been absolutely trouble free for the last 60000kms

proper care, maintenance, and a thorough understanding of how a car works will ensure that a car runs smoothly

ADAPT Performance - Power Unleashed

SOFTWARE TUNING & PERFORMANCE PARTS

www.adaptperformance.com

• 11 months later...