•  
Advertise here

AC compressor won't start

raymond

My peugeot 207 (2008 model) AC won't start since last week, no cool air coming out. Gargage techicians checked it all over, compressor is working and no leak, the AC switch at the panel is functioning properly, all fuses has been checked and working..... just there is NO power feeding to the AC compressor hence no cool air and they don't have a clue what's going wrong......

They believe it may be the computer not able to send proper signal to the AC, suggest me taking the car to delaer for checking...

Is there anyone outthere have the same problem before and how they can be fixed. The warranty of my car has been expired

Thanks.

I am not fan of dealer expensive repair. I suggest you a very small shop in shj named Al Fakha (behind bmw road, near industrial area etisalat and empost) and call guy name Ameen: 050 7373910. Let him check the car once and advise. He is very honest and straight forward AC technician, im using him since 4 years for all my cars quick fixes and repairs.

To tell you honestly in AC setup, if AC gas is full then compressor supposed to kick off and no other way. But let proper experienced AC technician diagnose and advise.

I left the car with Peugeot dealer three days back for checking of AC problem before running to AL Fakha, the dealer has given me an aweful quotation this morning: compressor, condensor, fuse box, evaporator, outlet tank, plus accessories & labour, all added up to AED9,000 after discount.... ripping me off as they don't know how to fix but suggest to replace the whole AC system

anyhow, I'll seek for 2nd opinion from AL Fakha by using the quotation from the dealer... hope to save thousands of dirhams since the car only worth around 30K+