•  
Advertise here

What exactly is the issue

Hey friends,

I own a peugeot 206 cc 2003. My car have been un used for like 6 months since I got a new car. I finally had the courage of getting this car to ride. The first thing I did was changed the oil and the oil filter. I even was asked to change the plugs since the car was giving up fake information like the fuel gauge meter was still in empty when the fuel was full in the tank. I even used to find a small hang up in changing of the gear (automattc transmission)After getting the car passed, I got the car to the emirates driving centre to renew the car insurance. On checking the vehicle, everything was found to be working perfectly and the only thing pointed out was the leakage in the chamfer of the car. I took the car to the garage and asked the mechanic to fix the leakage and even check for the gear oil since the car was standing for a long time un used. I thought of getting everything filled properly and new. Anyhow moving on, the guy got the gear oil and filled it and when i took in on a test drive, everything was perfect and the gear was being shifted properly but then there was smoke coming out of the car and I realised that there is a leakage in the gear oil section. On checking the mechanic asked me to get a gear seal since he found the seal to be broken. I got the seal and on fitting the car was again taken for a test drive. This time the smoke coming from the car was much more worser. The car even got heated, so I got the car back and asked him to tell me what the issue is. He told be that there is a leakage in the wiring and then later on he ends up telling me that I have ruined the clutch plate and needs a new on. The car now would just start but won't move at all. So is there anything you can suggest me to do. I am not looking to spend more than 10K Dirhams on this car. I just need the work to be done properly and I want to know what exactly do you think the issue is. Please let me know as soon as possible. About the mechanic, I did file a case against him in the court and I would keep you updated regarding the mechanic, but the most important topic is the car. Some say that the clutches are much more expensive, so they suggest me to get the whole gearbox whereas some say that once I change the gearbox, the car won't ever be trustworthy and could break down any moment. So what do you think is the issue now??

Regards,

Mohammed Afwan

First things first, check the car when idle (started but not running): is it overheating, if yes clearly something to do with Radiatior, Coolant, radiator fan and AC fan.

If car is overheating while move, then first thing to check in ur case as you touched the gearbox: Check the gear oil cooler next to radiator is working. Then get the gear oil and filter installation inspected with trustworthy mechanic.

If you have jerky gear transmission, check the oil you used is same spec as Peugeot recommends or different. Never use diff oil, better get oil and filter from Peugeot dealer and replace.

If all mechanic is saying same, that only clutch plate is damage then only get the clutch plate change and no need to change or rebuild the transmission. About parts check the business listing section of this forum has few parts shop listed.

+1

You can get the clutch price here

Concord Auto Spare Parts

Contact Person: Sudhakaran

Tel: 06 5395596

Mobile: 050 8463746

Fax: 06 5395597

PO Box: 35025

BMW Road, Sharjah