•  
Advertise here

Four-Wheel Drive System Faulty in Cayenne Turbo 06'

Hi Guys,

Last night while coming from Abu Dhabi to Dubai Four-Wheel Drive System Faulty message popped on dash in my Cayenne Turbo 2006' model. Restarted car twice but still messaged reappeared with 5 km.

Reached safely Dubai and then restarted car, message didn't appear. Played with 4W settings of Longitudinal off or on diff lock off or on, and message appear again.

Today morning, drove car for 15 kms (w/o playing with 4WD setting) no message appear yet, more will report as days progress. Any know error or false message history with this model of Cayenne? Thanks.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

How old is your Cayenne Battery, i remember reading some stories about saying before buying Cayenne last year that if Battery is old then it start throwing PSM, Brake and 4WD false messages as all these system keep using battery and when battery gets weak these message make their way instead of actual message: "Bloody weak battery"

Hi lary, i am not sure about battery age as i have purchase the car in feb 2013.

About the latest behavior, i noted when i pick up cold car, it show message within 2 mins. Switch off and on and drive 20 kms - no error. Then again waiting at any place for more than 5 mins (idle) error shows up again.

I am getting inclined on thinking its weak battery as when car is idle it chews more battery for AC, Music, lights etc and while driving battery is equally getting charged with alternator. Let me drive for couple of days more to confirm my theory.

Any idea if this 4WD faulty error is critical or not to drive?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks techy, but in my case car remains perfect. With same light i drove 120 kms at 140 kmph from Abu Dhabi to Dubai. Now this error is very intermittent and getting reduced in appearance after that long drive. Since last 2 days no 4WD system faulty message.

Typical case for a new battery.

Been there, done that. Just listen to techy advice, and change the battery whenever you can. Ain't urgent, that fault is something that just pops up because of the way power management shuts down modules to conserve power when it detects that it doesn't have enough juice to work with.

Its been almost 3 days now without a fault at all as im not pulling over or sitting in idle for more than 5 mins.

Thanks Milen: Same i am thinking, about battery now. Will get it change shortly, any idea what specs or Amp battery it has?

Thanks Milan: Yes you are right its yellow in color and not red, appreciate your heads up in keeping my blood pressure low. lol.

Thanks techy: This car drives so nice and smooth that we four people drove to AD at one stretch without any break for tea or stretching. It was very nice, indeed.

• 4 months later...