•  
Advertise here

Single CD stuck in Cayenne

huston

Sometime, when i try to eject the single CD in my 2008 Cayenne S (V8) it says No CD whereas i know for sure that there is CD in there as when i try to play it still says same message No CD. I try inserting another CD but that sleeve line doesn't accept.

This problem is quiet sometime only as otherwise it works fine for days and days and sometime it just misbehave like this. Any idea what can resolve this problem as i don't wanna get into any expensive swap or changing head unit for this small problem.

Appreciate any genius advise on how to deal with this. Thanks.

Does happen sometime with non-factory (home burned) CDs. Not a major worry, seems to always be able to eject them after leaving the car off for a few minutes. Some claim it's the slight difference of the CD media thickness. It does happen to a few of my home-burned CDs.

Just a piece of advice I stumbled upon when researching my CD problem - don't try inserting any other CD into the unit while a CD is already in there. There's a trick in the Rennlist forums, describing how to get out a stuck CD using a credit card, just run a quick search on Rennlist. But never try pushing another CD in, can damage quite a few things!

Thanks Milen, will search about that. I wasn't pushing another CD as i knew there is one already in, i was just to hover over the CD inserting slot to see if it blinks or throws the current CD (trying to fool it). In my case i tried the original one as well and it also stuck as same, I inserted this new CD today morning and couldnt get it out in evening while driving home. Really bizarre issue.

• 1 year later...