•  
Advertise here

Caring for your car - leather, waxing, etc.

A few thoughts on car care - interior and exterior. Dubai (and the UAE in general) is a bit different - we're spoiled and/or have a bunch of excuses so as why we do not take a great deal of care of our cars (don't have the right conditions/facilities, don't have the time, etc.)

I have spent a few days last year testing out different waxes and the overall effect of wax in our climate, and my test shows that wax makes a great deal of sense - after applying wax to my Cayenne (yep, did it myself, took time and effort, sweated quite a bit, but hey, I'm an enthusiast, or at least I want to think I am), the results were both lasting and rewarding. Leave the car shine - dust didn't stick to my car and I didn't have to wash it every other day. Obviously, the car was shining and the paint looked like new for 10 days or so, was very easy to wash (reduced the surface tension of the water by quite a bit). Tried a couple of wax products - the cheap "Armorall" and a few a bit more expensive products, but I wonder what would be the difference with the high-end stuff that is available online. Wonder if anyone has tried any of the high-end stuff?

Also, on the interior - got Meguiar's Gold Class, going to try it out soon. Have almost ruined my leather with a few products, so I'm a bit weary of this one. Any feedback of stuff you have tried on your leather is appreciated.

You can buy any one of the below Meguiar products from ACE. I think 100 AED for big yellow bottle and small one came with Meguiar box of few things costed 299 AED. Both of the wax+wash is amazing stuff. My cleaner use this on every weekly wash and car always have crisp shine like new and smooth finish through out. Car shine try the Demon products, they are also nice.

For chrome stuff: Turtle is awesome.

Meguiar gold class leather care is not very nice and have sticky and slippery feel after wards. 3M and Leather-fine leather care products are good. I even tried a leather care conditioning bottle from Home Center which came with my leather sofa and it gave excellent result (supple feel but not sticky and slippery) lasted 30 + days.

post-717-140422154417_thumb.jpg

post-717-140422154419_thumb.jpg

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Gaurav: applied the Gold stuff, no stickiness? Maybe when not applied correctly? Do you take your car somewhere for the wax or you've got a person doing the washing/waxing for you?

I've just gotten some pretty bad bonnet scratches from a car wash (power washer was getting unfiltered water, so you can imagine the sandy particles under umpteen bar pressure hitting your paint, a freaking disaster). So long for the "quality" of manual washing, duh.

Milan: Thanks for the reply, I'm aware of the brands, just wanted to ask if anyone has had personal/direct experience in using, would appreciate any feedback. Do you get your F1 and/or Carnauba wax applied in a particular place, or you do it yourself? :)

Thanks everyone for sharing.