•  
Advertise here

Tired of coolant leak

imranpro

Hey everybody!! Just wanted to ask if anybody has ever had a problem with coolant leakage. My Cayman S has been in twice in the last month for a leak near the passenger side rear wheel. The first service repair included changing a clamp and hose with some pressure testing. The second repair has already taken a week as they are waiting for parts and it is still not complete.

P.s I hate driving my daughter's Ford!!

Howdy peeps. I am an advanced driving instructor. This past April I had the car dump ALL of its coolant fluid on the track and kill two hours of track time for everybody. The dealer did not seem surprised at all to find out that the clamp had come off. I was horrified to hear them talking about it as something very normal. They said that this happens due to the particular type of clamps used. For technical folks it's a spring-fit or basically a non-screw type.

Familiar stories for me. My brother's Porsche had a mis-aligned internal seal from the factory which required a complete engine

replacement as the coolant was leaking into the crankcase. Several dealers are of the view that by ramping up production

Porsche's taken a hit in quality control. In our experience, the dealer service was excellent and they were committed to fixing

the issue which made it easier for us.