•  
Advertise here

weight reduction for more power

Has anyone tried removing some extra weights of the car and felt a noticeable power up? I am thinking of removing the spare tyre and the third row seats on my fortuner. cos' I seldom used the seats and used only 1 time of spare wheel in 2 years. I am starting to feel like they are not necessary on my car. As I don't have space to keep them, I am gonna have to leave them somewhere as I removed them. So, before I make my decision, just wanna know if anyone has done it and found it worthy! a little faster acceleration will be nice i think... :D

If you are not driving your car for offroad use, where extra power and less weight matters THE MOST, I wouldn't advise doing anything of that sort is not really a good idea. Even for offroad max weight reduction you can go third row seats removal, but not the spare tire removal. One of the most important safety aspect for any car is its spare wheel, no matter how less u used but that one day need justify all the extra weight.

For gaining extra power you can look into small and economical engine mods like: switch to Iridium spark plugs, K&N free flow air filter and throttle body spacer. If you want more power, then change to free flow exhaust system (cat back) and then change the headers (but this will make car very noisy). After all this you can go for chip tunning which will fetch you atleast 10% - 20% extra horsepower.