•  
Advertise here

Road noise, never had this problem with other cars.

timsang

I need some help with my Toyota Camry. It’s a reliable, cost effective and an easy car to drive. However, the amount of road noise is driving me insane. Bought it late last year and i dont know what to do. Is there a way I can stop this? I previously owned a nissan and never had this problem with that one or am I expecting too much?

I also had the same issue with my Camry and I went back to Al futtaim to discuss this problem. They suggested I should buy new better tires for a smoother ride. It’s a lot quieter now and the ride is smoother. maybe there is a problem with your tires? How old are your tires by the way?

It’s a common issue with these cars because they are not fitted with insulation in the firewall and frames. However, high end cars have it. Products like Dynamat that can be added to the inside of the body of the car this can be used to assist with road noise. Also spraying an undercoating called asphalt rubberized in the wheel wells could help. Just some internationally tricks of this trade that you can use.