•  
Advertise here

polo 2002/03 AC problems

i have a 02/03 polo 1.4 (16v) ,and its AC is the crappiest thing on the planet , when i bought it back in production date it was great so cold and powerful ,many times i tried recharding the AC but thats not the issue .

first of all it takes a lot of time to start pushing out cold air after starting the car , i need to drive for a while before it actually does that.

whenever i stop at a signal for over 5 minutes the AC cools down and doesn't give cold air any more .

at time a weird smell comes out of the AC vents , i was told its a gas leak but i had a technician remove the dashboard completely and check the evaporator for leaks but there was none .

what do any of you suggest i should do , summer is close and it has to be top notch before that.

Go to Al Fakha (very small shop in shj) guy name is Ameen, its behind BM road on side of Alico. Few years back he fixed my polo with same problem, i think it need cleaning, and changing of small filter doiwn the radiator and full freon leak test and top up. Guy is so honest that he charged me just 200 dhs 2-3 years back.

050 7373910, give my refernce of white polo 2001 model and he might remember as he dont know me by name, and till date im going to him and coming back happy. Hope he able to help you.