•  
Advertise here

passat maintenance costs

Hello friends...

I am planning on buying the new passat se 2013... however could you please tell me about the maintenance cost on this car... I previously used a Toyota Camry and you would agree that Japanese cars are pretty maintenance free.. please tell me how much does services cost... minor and major and what kind of mechanical problems could arise from these cars and also how's the spare parts costs.....

Would really appreciate on some info

I had Passat for 4 years and i must say its really good car in looks, power and respect. Good choice. As far as service goes if i rem correctly it was around 300 -400 dhs for minor oil change and 1000 - 3000 dhs for major service depending on which interval service you go for. Better get the service contract as it will save hassle and cost bit cheaper than doing individual services in long run.

• 9 months later...

I am planning to buy a passat or GTI 02/05 model. Since VW is a premium brand, I would like to know if that requires certified service station for maintainence like BMW and Merc? What I look at is a car that can be handy and I can get the oil changes as and when required plus any repairs.