•  
Advertise here

AC not cooling like before

Hi everyone,

Recently my 2004 model VW polo AC is not at all cooling like before. Today afternoon picked the car at 4 pm and drove for 20 mins to back home and car AC didnt cool at all. It was acting bit funny few days back ytoo, but today it was so bad that i restarted AC and car 3-4 times thinking something might work, eventually have to open windows little bit and drive.

There was nothing unusual in car or AC at all in past. In last service, we changed brakes and engine oil that i am sure has no connection with AC in specific. Mechanic advise us to get all fluids and changed/checked in next visit that supposed to be done after 3500 kms atleast 3 months for me. what should i do now, any quick fix or great idea as summer is right round the corner and i am scared of driving in such a heat with AC. Please reply soon.

Service your car twice or service your car AC twice?????

It looks like typical case of neglected AC during winter season, nothing unusual at all. Get your ca AC service and get the freon level checked or top up with AC filter change and evaporator cleaning etc. If freon level was low, then ask mechanic to trace the leak and fix it, probably some o-rings needs to be changed (minor fix). Once this is done you will have your old coool AC back. Hope it helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...