•  
Advertise here

jump starting a Beetle?

Hello fellas, I am new to the beetle family. Bought a used 2010 last year and never had problems. Had an incident the other day where the car did not start for a while and after checking some plugs under the hood it started without reason. Anyways in order to prevent from being stranded on the road i was wondering if anyone can teach me how to jump start a beetle and let me know if jump starting it wont cause any major problems in the long run. I have jump started other cars before but not a lot and was wondering since this is a different kind of a car - should there be any precautions to be taken before attempt a jump start?

• 1 month later...

For jump starting the Volkswagen beetle, make sure you have healthy car next to you. Check both car battery bay and drive the healthy car as close as to each other battery bay. Both cars completely switched off, clip the jumper cable on both cars in right order of red (negative) to red and black to black (very carefully). Then start the healthy car and let it run on idle for 5-10 mins and then attempt to start your beetle. If your car battery has died then with this jump start, it will start the car. If it still fails, then there is something more involve than just battery failure, and you need to get the car to mechanic on recovery truck.