•  
Advertise here

Preventive Measures!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I would like to discuss following things:

1. Battery: Always take complete care of the battery. Don’t think that battery for forever, it needs to proper maintenance as well. Always make sure that your car battery is charging properly and there is no corrosion.
  2. Oil change: Always change oil in the engine after every 3,000 miles.
  3. Regular servicing: Don’t miss any servicing of your car. The time you miss it, the chances of having troublesome engine increases. Your car is properly maintained when you give it for regular servicing.
  4. Take it Easy: Avoid rash driving on the road. That will help in maintaining your tires. More you do rash driving or off road driving, the wearing of tires is quick.
  5. Fluid Levels: Sometimes the fluid levels goes down because of evaporation, so always have a keen check on all the fluid levels. If you realize that the fluid level has gone rapidly down, then it can be because of some leak. At that point of time, take your car back to the dealer.
  6. Fuel: Always maintain fuel in your car, to avoid poor consumption.
  7. Don’t Drag: If you think your car is really old, I mean more than 7-8 years, try to sell it off to avoid major replacements in your car.
  8. Warning Lights: Don’t ignore any warning light if it pops up on the dash. Some people just came those warning very lightly, and end up paying a huge cost of replacement which was the after impact of the warning light.
  9. Brakes: Brake job is really important in a car. Don’t think that you don’t have to replace brake pads or drums. They need to replace regularly. So try not to avoid any noise as well coming from the brake.

All I can remember is this. Please add if someone has something additional to post.

Interesting! I would also like to add Tires as well. I mean tires are as important as other parts in a car. So i suppose one needs to take proper care of the tires as well. Avoiding rash driving, off road driving and potholes driving is really good for maintaining tires and give them a better life.

• 8 months later...