•  
Advertise here

Automatic Vs Manual

Well I would say it depends from person to person. See I can tell you the pros and cons of both in Dubai. Talking about the Manual transmission cars:

Well the people who love cars and have good knowledge about the mechanism of cars generally likes manual car. And the reason is very simple: It’s really smooth to drive. I mean your full concentration is always on the road as you need to change the gears with speed. I personally love manual transmission cars especially when it comes to racing. The disadvantage of having manual car in Dubai is the increasing traffic. Sometimes it’s really difficult to drive a manual car as you need to jerk brakes because of the traffic. The clutch disc worns out easily because of the rapid jerks and your car suffers at the end. I have driven manual cars here, but trust me every time the clutch disc had to be replaced.

On the other hand, the automatic transmission is easy to drive. Since there is no clutch to handle, people find it easy and convenient to drive in this traffic. Who won’t? Female drivers especially are more convenient in automatic transmission driving. But the disadvantage of having an automatic car is the distraction from the road. Since the mechanism of automatic cars works on torque, people generally don’t concentrate on the road. I know many people who just engage themselves in their mobiles on the traffic light and they bang their cars in the front vehicle.

Even if you talk about the license in Dubai, both the cars have different criteria of learning. And 90% of people in UAE prefer automatic cars on manual cars. There is hardly a choice left, because of the increasing traffic. You cannot afford spending money on manual cars here.

• 7 months later...

Personally, I prefer the stick shift, it's how I learned to drive and an automatic transmission makes me uncomfortable. However, when I first visited Dubai, I rented a car with manual transmission, but boy did I hate myself for it! Jatin explained really well, driving an automatic so so much better than anything else!