•  
Advertise here

Tips on saving money

Good topic to discuss on. Well I will discuss what I have experienced:

1. DIY: One can avoid some repairs like changing the brake pads, inspecting the suspension, checking he voltage in the car by performing it on your own. I mean dealer/ workshops they charge you real big to do such things but you can actually perform it on your own. But also remember that DIY is something that should be done under some supervision.
  2. Don’t DIY: Also remember that if the repair is something big like replacing a clutch or transmission, don’t carry the DIY processing that. These things are really sensitive so it’s better if you leave such sensitive repairs to an expert. Sometimes performing DIY on such sensitive things can lead to heavy loss and may be double the maintenance cost.
  3. Regular servicing: Just because you don’t want to waste money in the regular servicing of your car, you don’t give your car for regular maintenance, and there you do the mistake. Don’t skip any servicing that most of the issues can be resolved during the servicing of your car only.
  4. Dealer till warranty: Till the time your car is under warranty, always go for replacement of any auto parts to your dealer, and not any local workshop.
  5. Local workshop after warranty expired: Once the warranty is expired, you can go to a local workshop for auto repairs and replacement as they are way cheaper than your dealers.
  6. Don’t stick to it: Once your car is too old, may be 6 years or more, it’s time for you to say goodbye. Since car is a machine, they are tending to fail after some years. So that time, it’s better for you to change your car and buy a new one so that you don’t have to spend money on the heavy maintenance of the old car.

Cool mark. you covered almost everything. I just want to add one more point.

Wehn you are buying an auto part or giving your car for a huge repair, do confirm the price of the repair and auto parts at other stores as well. You know just to be sure about the price that you are buying the part for.

• 7 months later...